Maintain new paces in your tempo run or find yourself a PR in that half with the FuelCell Rebel. Built from data and learning the New Balance product team developed during the design process of the FuelCell 5280 racing flat, this lightweight running shoe is engineered for propulsion with two tuned components of our high-rebound FuelCell foam.
- 2- part high-rebound FuelCell midsole with a focus on forefoot propulsion
- Bootie construction and deconstructed collar for lightweight and secure fit
- Engineered on an 6mm offset and ideal for midfoot to forefoot strikers
- Trace Fiber on the upper provides lightweight midfoot support
- Translucent rubber outsole with data driven lug design to provide lightweight traction
Light, stable, but stiff neutral running shoe
True to size, very good cushioning, especially for such a light shoe. I usually wear size 12 1/2 running shoes but only 13 available. I think 12 1/2 would have fit. Has a "wing" on lateral (outside) of shoe which adds some stability. The wing inhibits supinating for me which is a good thing because the supination causes shin splints, knee pain, and ankle problems now that I am almost 70. This is supposed to be an energy return shoe helping propel the runner forward which it did for me and I was actually a minute or more faster per mile without really trying. The shoe is stiff which helps with the energy return. Highly recommend if seeking a cushioned light shoe. Traction is OK on pavement and easy trails but not really a trail shoe.