Features the 3D fit & customized comfort of a Built-In Orthotic.
The women’s ABEO B.I.O.system® Balboa sandal with posted support blends casual style, all-day comfort and a customized fit. The ABEO B.I.O.system® commitment to biomechanical footwear has revolutionized the sandal, and your feet will feel the progress. Digitally fit to your foot, enjoy the customized built-in orthotic comfort of B.I.O.system to help reduce foot fatigue, shock and stress on joints.
Recommended support for plantar fasciitis.
- Ideal for low arches and flat feet, a posted heel footbed provides the ultimate support and stability. This footbed offers extra support for the medial (inside) of the foot, controlling over-pronation and offering superior comfort.
- Channeled rubber outsole absorbs shock and channels water for improved traction.
- Supports your feet and aligns your body.
- Balances weight distribution.
- Increases stability and reduces foot fatigue.
- Reduces shock and stress on your joints.
- ABEO B.I.O.system® sandals proudly carry the Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Heel Height: ¼ inch
The most comfortable sandal I've ever worn. My feet/legs never ache anymore. I can't imagine a better arch support. More colors, please?
Pro and Con
I loved this flip flop! Suffering from plantar fasciitis, I was only wearing sneakers until I found this shoe. It was supportive enough so I could wear it around the house and outside. No long walks in it, but good otherwise....until I left it in the sun a bit. The inner layer detached and kind of shrank, so it isn’t fixable. Soooo disappointing! A shoe this price should not do that! No issues with anything else, but not worth the price. A summer sandal affected that way by sun? Needs to be redesigned.
I was an employee at one point and we received these as a promo item. I have purchased 5 pairs since 2010 when they first came out. I never could wear anything between my toes. This shoe literally changed my life. My first pair lasted 7 years until i finally had to replace them. I will never use another flip flop. please DO NOT stop making these. I wore them exclusively after my back surgery and my surgeon approved them for walking.
Comfortable but stretches too much...
The comfort is there with the Balboa, but it stretched too much (across the foot) after only wearing inside a few times! Had to return. Didnt work for me, but the comfort and same TWC quality seems there so I recommended it as the style/size must work for lots of other customers! I will stick with other Abeo styles such as Benefit (more narrow)
Great flip flop
Bought these to help with plantar fasciitis problem. These are comfortable and provides good support