Merrell partnered with local Peruvian artist Ilustronauta to create the funky cushioned trail running shoes inspired by the Rainbow Mountains in Peru. Designed specifically for women, this protective trails runner is made with Q FORM® 2 stability technology and a Vibram® outsole for confidence on moderate terrain.
• Abrasion-resistant textile and TPU upper
• Traditional lace closure
• Hyperlock™ synthetic heel counter for security
• M Select™ FRESH antimicrobial agents reduces shoe odor
• Breathable mesh lining
• EVA removable insole
• Q FORM™ 2 midsole technology is gender-engineered for women to provide natural alignment and superior comfort
• Forefoot and heel cushioning pods
• Compression-molded EVA midsole for stability and comfort
• TrailProtect™ rock plate protects feet from underfoot debris
• Vibram® TC5+ with adaptive lugs
• Stack Height (heel/toe): 34/26mm; insole: 6.5mm; insole: 2mm; midsole: 19/11mm; sole: 1.5mm web, 5mm lug
• Weight: 16oz / 454g (full pair)
Comfortable and Flattering
Good arch support, both with and without orthotics inserted, and plenty of toe room. Bonus: they make my foot look smaller than my size 11! Only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is that the padding under the tongue is a little thinner than I like to protect from tight laces. After 3 months of frequent wear the shoe still looks new and doesn't show soil or wear.